Luc Wylder is presenting Alternative Solutions: Sex Surrogate Partner Therapies (SPT). Check out Luc’s bio here.
1. How do you see yourself as a catalyst for change?
I have a degree in psychology, am a trained surrogate partner therapist, and an erotic filmmaker for Adam & Eve; the largest distributor of adult products in America. We believe that modeling sexually positive human behavior is one of the most effective methods of sex education. I have been able to reach out to a large number of sexually inquisitive minds by creating sex positive videos for over 20 years.
2. Who or what was a catalyst for you?
Living so close to the kinky underworld of Manhattan during the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s had a huge influence on my views of sexuality. Sigmund Freud, Masters and Johnson, Alfred Kinsey, Richard Alpert, the Dalai Lama, and Hugh Hefner were all catalysts to my perspective.
3. What do you feel are some of the biggest challenges or concerns facing us in the field of sexuality right now?
Labeling and the “coming out” movement are both issues of concern for me. Sexuality is a multi faceted aspect of who we are; yet, today, so many want to compartmentalize sex. I believe this limits options in a world of many possibilities. Live, love, laugh, but drop the labels.
4. What do you feel are some of the most important/valuable positive changes that have been made in the world of sexuality in the past year?
Clearly, the progress we have made in the area of civil rights and gay marriage is of immense significance to our society. Also, awareness of surrogate partner therapy has increased dramatically, since the release of the academy award nominated film, “The Sessions”.
5. Why do you feel it is important to bring this topic Alternative Solutions: Sex Surrogate Partner Therapies (SPT) to CatalystCon West?
People are suffering out of ignorance and misinformation regarding surrogate partner therapy and sexual dysfunction. We are on a mission to change that.
6. Share one unknown (or little known) fact about yourself.
I had a very traditional Irish, catholic upbringing, was an alter boy, and lived with Benedictine monks for 6 years of my life. I have also been sober for over 29 years.
Learn more about all our amazing speakers here