Ruby Ryder is presenting The “Ass Panel”: The Ins and Outs of Anal Pleasure. Check out Ruby’s bio here.
1. How do you see yourself as a catalyst for change?
I teach about subject that is fairly taboo outside the rarefied walls of CatalystCon and sex geek circles; pegging. I engage regular people in conversation about heterosexual strap-on sex, support their desire for it and attempt to normalize it so that pegging is just one more incredibly pleasurable thing in their sexual treasure chest of choices.
2. Who or what was a catalyst for you?
The men who are brave enough to pursue their desires for pegging really do inspire me every day! You guys rock.
3. What do you feel are some of the biggest challenges or concerns facing us in the field of sexuality right now?
The two biggest challenges I feel are first, sex work being illegal and second, sex education in schools being worse than laughable – it’s actually harmful in a lot of places. In a perfect world sex work is legal and sex workers have protection and respect. In perfect schools, sex education is very informative, accurate and teaches about pleasure as well as safety and protection.
4. What do you feel are some of the most important/valuable positive changes that have been made in the world of sexuality in the past year?
Hands down the Supreme Court decision on DOMA and Prop 8. Until everyone is automatically granted the right to love and marry whomever they want all across the United States, we have more work to do. Those SCOTUS decisions were tremendous victories.
5. Why do you feel it is important to bring this topic The “Ass Panel”: The Ins and Outs of Anal Pleasure to CatalystCon East?
I feel the topic of pegging and prostate pleasure is a much misunderstood sleeper in the world of sexuality. Not only are there health benefits, but the potential for reviving sexually stale partnerships, men discovering orgasms equivalent to women’s G-spot orgasms, multiple orgasms and a marked deepening of a couple’s intimacy is without compare.
6. Share one unknown (or little known) fact about yourself.
I live on a 12 acre horse ranch where the street lights are far away and I can see all the stars at night. In the distance I hear horses whinnying occasionally at all hours of the night and day.
Learn more about all our amazing speakers here